HAZWOPER First Responder Operations Level (FROL) Training
OSHA’s hazardous waste operations and emergency response regulation, 29 CFR 1910.120, stipulates requirements for emergency response operations involving releases of hazardous substances. If you are the person that will be called in the event of a spill, you should have the appropriate training to fulfill this role. Employees participating in emergency response are required to be trained based on the duties and function they would serve in an emergency response situation.
You should take this course if you:
- Respond to hazardous material releases defensively with the purpose of protecting nearby persons, property, or the environment from the effects of the release.
- Are responsible for activities above notifying and evacuating, but do not actively stop the release.
- Are involved in determining if a spill of hazardous materials is considered controlled or uncontrolled.
What you will learn:
This course provides a regulatory review, discusses hazard and risk assessments, and provides spill response guidance that can be followed by those individuals with this level of certification. Interactive exercises and scenarios allow participants to prepare for and strategize responses to potential incidents. You’ll learn how to:
- Recognize and avoid/mitigate workplace hazards.
- Understand the actions, and limitations on actions, expected of a FROL-trained employee in the event of an incident.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and competency necessary to effectively respond to an incident.
HAZWOPER First Responder Operations Level (FROL) Training Details
DATE: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 9:00AM – 6:00PM
COST: $425.00 per person – Training materials, lunch, and refreshment breaks included
LOCATION: Safety Partners, Inc. 19A Crosby Drive Bedford, MA 01730
TCH APPROVAL: Course approved for 8 TCH credits through MA DEP
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com 781.222.1022 x 58
For more information about HAZWOPER training and who should take it, check out our HAZWOPER FAQ!
Need another level of HAZWOPER training, or if you’re interested in the other courses Safety Partners offers, visit our EHS Training & Professional Development for the Life Sciences webpage.