Preparing for day one operations requires planning, knowledge of state and local guidelines, and an understanding of landlord expectations. Safety Partners manages it all—from completing applications and corresponding with the appropriate regulatory agencies, through developing comprehensive safety manuals and procedures.
Prepare for Initial Operations
Jump start your lab with the peace of mind that Safety Partners provides.
Permits & Licenses
Safety Partners will handle all aspects of permitting from start to finish. We will write and submit permit applications for initial lab operations, including customized supporting materials. We also interface with regulators during the permitting process and attend walk-through inspections.
- Cryogenic Gas
- Hazardous Materials
- Local Emergency Planning
- Biosafety BL1 – BL3
- Controlled Substances
- Radiation Safety
- Laser Registration
Biosafety (rDNA) Permits & Procedures
Initial setup and ongoing support services.
Biosafety (rDNA) Permitting
- Biosafety Manual creation and customization
- Project registrations
- Public Health Department presentation/submission preparation and on-site support
- Additional lab set-up to pass Public Health Department inspection
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Establish the committee, including recruitment and training support
- Act as a non-voting facilitator of meetings, supporting the chairperson with agendas, talking points, and material preparation
- Guide lab tours and fulfill other duties
Lab Set Up
You focus on the science, we’ll focus on the safety.
- Lab set-up for passing walk-through inspections including signs, labels and emergency equipment
- Recommendations and coordination for vendor contracts for biowaste, chemical waste, fume hood certification, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Establishing “Central Safety Files” and other documentation and reporting
Safety Partners can customize manuals and training for your science. Our courses include web-based and on-site training.
Manuals & Training Include:
General Lab Safety