Once you are up and running, it is easy to forget the importance of keeping your safety program “alive.” We provide resources at the level you need; from on-call only to upwards of 60 hours per week managing your program. Let us support you as you work toward your corporate goals.
Biosafety and Chemical Safety Program Implementation
Laboratory “Best Practices” customized for your science and technology.
• Ongoing support of Biosafety and Chemical Safety Programs; manuals and training programs are “living” pieces of your safety program that should grow and change at the pace that your scientific program is growing and changing. We are constantly keeping our finger on the pulse of your program and updating your safety support to reflect your needs.
• Periodic waste stream reviews ensure cost efficient and compliant waste segregation.
• Compliance with state and federal regulations by implementing systems, procedures, practices, and training to meet all requirements.
• Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials including chemical storage, inventory, storage limits, and PPE guidance.
Our Biosafety Expertise
|✓ BL1||✓ rDNA|
|✓ BL2||✓ BBP|
|✓ BL2+||✓ Other potentially infectious agents|
Procedures, Policies, and General Lab Compliance
We create and formalize policies and procedures to ensure safety and compliance and fit your corporate culture and lab workflow.
Development of In-house Procedures and Policies
- Record keeping and documentation
- Waste system oversight and management
- Receiving potentially hazardous materials from collaborators
- Working alone
- Visitor safety
- COVID-19/pandemic preparedness and returning to work. See our insights
- Emergency Preparedness
- Shipping and Receiving
- Preparations for Regulatory Inspections
- Permit Renewals
We formalize procedures to ensure safety and compliancy
- Periodic lab inspections and preparation for regulatory agency inspections
- Eyewash/safety shower testing
- Review and replenish stock for spill kits and first aid kits
Safety Partners will
- Act as a non-voting facilitator at meetings; write agendas, record meeting minutes etc.
- Work through issues of non-compliance and unsafe work practices
- Facilitate accident and incident review, reporting, and root cause
Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
JSA write-ups for high hazard reagents or procedures become an appendix to the corresponding safety manual and training
Prepare new employees and keep current employees “in the know”
Safety Partners can lead a customized on-site, virtual, and web-based training for your staff, with a variety of courses tailored to your science. Our courses include New Employee and Refresher Trainings. We also offer DOT and RCRA training courses with Training Contact Hours (TCHs). All trainings come with a certificate of completion.
Additional EHS programs
We are flexible and can step in as needed.
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Respirator safety and fit testing
- Highly Toxic, Explosive, Pyrophobic materials handling