The sixth annual OSHA Safe + Sound Week is being held August 15-21, 2022. This is a great time to save the date and start planning! This nationwide event is intended to recognize the successes of workplace health and safety programs and raise awareness about the value of proactive programs. Workplaces are encouraged to hold events and activities that highlight the elements of their EHS program during this week and identify opportunities for new safety initiatives.
Participating in the program is a great way to recognize your safety successes and show your commitment to safety. Successful safety and health programs can proactively identify and manage workplace risks before they cause injury or illness. Participating in Safe + Sound Week can help get your program started or energize an existing one!
Who should participate?
Businesses of any size and in any type of industry looking for an opportunity to recognize their commitment to safety are encouraged to participate. Last year more than 5,300 businesses registered to participate!
How can my company participate?
Companies can either participate privately, or officially register on OSHA’s Safe + Sound Week webpage. The webpage has lots of great ideas for Safe + Sound Week activities, many of which don’t take a lot of time to plan for.
This year, resources are provided on safety and health programs, management leadership, worker participation, and finding and fixing workplace hazards. They include webinars, course offerings, brochures, management leadership worksheet templates, and much more.
Safe + Sound Week has been a huge success at Safety Partners’ clients who have participated in previous years! Some ideas from events we’ve helped clients plan include:
- Planning safety-related games including safety bingo and a safety scavenger hunt with prizes
- Preparing Safe + Sound week banners for posting throughout the facility
- Offering awards for good personal protective equipment compliance
- Scheduling ergonomics stretching sessions and ergonomics lab and office equipment demonstrations
- Holding a mock spill drill
- Scheduling a fire drill
- Offering hands-on fire extinguisher training
- Organizing a demonstration on the proper use of biosafety cabinets
- Providing refresher safety training during Safe + Sound Week
OSHA Safe + Sound week is a great opportunity to raise awareness of your safety program in a fun and engaging way! For additional information, or for assistance with planning for this year’s event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.