Recognition and Control of Laboratory and Kilo-Scale Chemical Reactivity Hazards
Presented by Safety Partners, Inc.
Sponsored by OSHA and the Process Safety Alliance
Who should attend:
- EHS Staff (CHO, BSO, RSO, CBSP, CSP)
- Research Technicians, Laboratory Staff and Scientists
- Institutional Biosafety Committee Members including Community Representatives
- Safety Committee Members
- Operations and Facilities Staff
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize potential chemical reactivity hazards.
- Put in place controls to prevent chemical reactivity incidents.
- Screen processes for potential chemical reactivity hazards that can seriously harm people, property, or the environment.
- Implement a management system to help predict and prevent incidents.
Case studies of real-life incidents will enhance your understanding of the reactivity screening and recognition process. Additionally, participants will discuss control methods and share their experience in evaluating and controlling chemical reactivity risks.
Neal Langerman, PhD, Advanced Chemical Safety, Inc.
Dr. Langerman has over 30 years in chemistry, including university, faculty, and chemistry safety consulting posts. He sits on the editorial boards of several major industry publications.
If you are interested in bringing this course to your location, please contact us.